Ok, before we start, let's have some background music.
It's not often I talk about my Kpop life on this particular blog. Long story short: I'm a member of a Kpop dance club that does covers of Kpop routines. Another long story short: my friends from the club have often joked that I should make a cake for the above song and group. Well, I've finally delivered the goods.
This cake looks a bit mad (of course it does, it's a Tashcake), but it's really easy to make. You just freeze the no-churn ice cream mixture in one of the cake pans you'll use to bake the cake so it's the same size, then sandwich it between two layers of red velvet cake. Easy. Of course it's a cheesecake ice cream, since red velvet cake is normally frosted with cream cheese icing. Finally, quite a lot of chocolate ganache is poured over the top.
Ready? 하나 둘 셋, here we go!
Ingredients for Cheesecake Ice Cream:
300ml double cream
1 can of condensed milk
250g cream cheese (full fat!)
Juice of one large lemon
Ingredients for Cake:
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
200g caster sugar
125ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
A few drops of red food colouring
Ingredients for Ganache:
75ml double cream
75g dark 70% chocolate
Whipped double cream
1. Make the ice cream first: whip the cream cheese with an electric whisk until fluffy, and beat in the double cream until it forms soft peaks. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until thick and fluffy.
2. Line an 8" round baking pan with clingfilm, scoop the mixture into it and tap a few times on the counter to get rid of large air bubbles. Freeze for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
3. When completely solid, remove the ice cream disc from the pan, wrap and pop back in the freezer.
4. To make the cake, preheat the oven to 180°C, and grease and line two 8" round baking tins with baking parchment. Add the dry ingredients into the bowl and bake a well in the centre. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat with an electric whisk until just incorporated. Divide evenly between the two pans and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cakes spring back when you poke them gently on top. Let them cool completely.
5. To make the ganache, bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan and immediately take off the heat. Pour over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, and whisk with a balloon whisk until smooth. Let it cool and thicken a little.
6. Unwrap your ice cream disc and sandwich it between the two layers of cake, placing it on a serving plate. Pour the ganache over the top, spreading it around and making it ooze a little over the edges. Decorate with more cream and sprinkles: it's now ready to serve, or can be popped into the freezer until you want to eat it (remove it from the freezer 10 minutes before serving).
"주세요 달콤한 그 맛 ice cream cake~" ♫
Enjoy, and have fun!