Summary

Give me cake or give me death cookies.

Friday, 10 October 2014

Alice in Wonderland Eat Me Biscuits

It's my friend's birthday party this weekend. The theme is book characters: each person is to come as a character from a book and bring a related dish. Since I'm travelling up from London to Birmingham, I figured the easiest things to transport are biscuits. What better excuse is there to become the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland?


If course I made Eat Me biscuits in two sizes: after all, you don't stay the same size when you eat them.


(And that was from just licking it.)

I used a pretty standard butter cut-out cookie recipe, but mixed things up a little by flavouring the royal icing I used with rose, violet and lemon extracts. I particularly like the violet icing, it tasted just like Parma Violet sweets.


I'm by no means a royal icing expert- it's one of my least-used methods of decorating (in fact, this is only the third time I've ever used it, and the first time I've used it properly). I slowly got used to how different consistencies work for piping though, and I quite enjoyed the learning experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment